skip to primary navigationskip to content

Travel Insurance

Employees, Post Graduate Students, Volunteers, Members of a research project or Members of a supervised University of Cambridge field trip who are usually resident in the UK are covered by the University of Cambridge Travel Insurance policy whilst travelling on University of Cambridge business from the UK to destinations outside of the UK.


The University of Cambridge requires that all travel and working away is risk assessed in order for the insurance cover to be valid.

Insurance Cover must be applied for prior to travel and the application can be found here:

You should be aware of the exclusions of this cover, which include certain sporting activities and also travel without ‘obtaining permission’ from the Department and Safety Officer, as detailed here:

Safety Office Contact Details





Inglis Building

Main Site

Trumpington Street

Cambridge CB2 1PZ


Gary Steele

Department Safety Officer

Tel: 01223 (3)32740


Steve Wickens

Department Safety Coordinator

Tel: 01223 (7)61455


Matt Greenhalgh

Department Fire Officer

Tel: 01223 (3)32765